I am hugely passionate about changing the experience of birth for the women I meet through education and empowerment.
A positive birth is created from a place of empowerment and choice, no matter how birth unfolds. Every women deserves the right to be supported and respected in their birth choices.
I work to remove the fear that surrounds birth for the women I meet and give them practical tools for birthing so that they can truly meet their birth with the confidence and support they need to make informed decisions, leading them to a positive and fulfilled birthing experience.
How? Through my HypnoBirthing classes Perth.
What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing® is simple, straightforward and it works. Using the strength of your mind and body you will learn to imagine, to relax and to breath in a way that assists the natural processes of birth, within a few short sessions.
HypnoBirthing® teaches women to reconnect and deeply trust in themselves, to let their bodies do what is needed during birth.
By practicing a few key techniques, mothers program their minds and condition their bodies to birth calmly and peacefully.
Why choose HypnoBirthing for your birth?
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Reduces, and often eliminates, the need for chemical anesthesia, episiotomies and other interventions.
- Lessens fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake, and energized as she brings her baby into the world.
- Shortens the thinning and opening phase of labour by several hours and allows the birthing mother to utilize the natural pulsations of her body to breathe her baby down to the crowning stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods of time.
- Brings the mother, the baby and the birthing companion together in a deep bonding experience that begins well before birth and continues throughout the postnatal period.
- The birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker.
- Almost entirely eliminates postnatal discomfort and “baby blues”.
- Mothers do not run the risk of hyperventilating from shallow breathing.
- Birthing is returned to the safe, peaceful experience that it once was.
What will you learn?
- Positions and relaxation techniques to use during labour and birth
- Practical tools for your birth companion to support you throughout your birth
- How your body works efficiently and effectively through the different stages of labour
- How stress, fear or tension can alter the course of your birth and how to prevent this
- How to avoid induction and unnecessary or unwanted intervention
- Creating your birth preferences and communicating with your Midwife or Obstetrician
- Practical body and mind techniques such as affirmation, visualisation and deepening.
This course would benefit you if:
- You have fear, anxiety, stress or concern about your birthing day.
- You have had a previous birth that was disappointing or traumatic.
- You are wanting to have a vaginal birth after a caesarean (VBAC).
- You are wanting to do an antenatal course that doesn’t focus on pain and drugs.
- You are looking for information on birth, your body and how it will all work on the day.
- You feel your partner needs more involvement, and would like some tools to properly support you.
- You are wanting to prepare a birth plan or preferences with informed choices so that you are fully aware of your options in birthing.
- You are wanting to connect with your baby and learn about pre and post birth parenting.
- You are interested in learning some life changing techniques on reducing fear, stress and pain.
What is included in your HypnoBirthing course?
Easy-to-read handouts, clear visuals and worksheets make up only a small part of this. Included in your course is:
- 12 hours of contact time with myself
- A bound booklet of resources and materials
- The HypnoBirthing – Mongan Method official textbook
- The HypnoBirthing – Mongan Method download card of invaluable HypnoBirthing tracks
- Access to a lending library of perinatal books
- Access to an online support group of past and current HypnoBirthing families
- Snacks and refreshments
Pricing and Packages
The course itself is $495, with no additional costs involved. It runs for 5 weeks, 2-2.5 hours per week, and all materials are distributed to you at the first class. A non-refundable deposit of $80 is required to secure your place in the class, with the balance of $415 due 2 weeks before the first class. Payment plans are available on request. There will be a maximum of 4 couples in each class in order to ensure that you receive the attention you need at every class. Please note, all courses require a minimum of two bookings for it to go ahead.
A good 50% of pregnant women that attend my HypnoBirthing classes do so for the sole reason that their previous experience of birth was far from what they had hoped for, and are wanting to work toward a more positive experience. Over my years of teaching HypnoBirthing classes I’ve found in the first class that the vast majority of these mums have never had the space or the support to talk openly about their previous birth experience. Fear of judgement, guilt, shame, confusion, numbness… so many reasons why they’ve never been able to express how they feel about what they experienced. And as such, I’ve found that withholding these emotions doesn’t always allow them to fully, fearlessly and openly move toward their now upcoming birth.
This package combines my 2 hour Birth Debriefing sessions with my HypnoBirthing classes. For those mothers and/or fathers wanting to clear emotional space from a previous birth before they embark on preparation for an upcoming new, fulfilling, positive experience of birth.
The Birth Debriefing session can be used at any time prior to the start your HypnoBirthing classes, allowing you to enter your preparation for your upcoming birth with new clarity and focus. If preferred, the session may be used up to four months after the birth of your baby instead.
The package price is $645. To select this package when registering for your HypnoBirthing classes here, simply tick ‘Yes’ to the checkbox when answering in regard to the addition of a birth debriefing session to your HypnoBirthing classes.
I offer private HypnoBirthing classes for those that are unable to attend a set course. The same inclusions apply, however, the course will be more tailored to your birthing needs, and together we will find days and times that suit you best to hold our classes. Private HypnoBirthing sessions are $825.
January: Fully booked
March: Fully booked
May: Fully booked
July: Fully booked
August: Beginning Aug 21, Aug 28, Sept 4, Sept 11, finishing Sept 18. *3 places remaining*
October: Beginning Oct 16, Oct 23, Oct 30, Nov 6, finishing Nov 13.
November: Beginning Nov 20, Nov 27, Dec 3, Dec 11, finishing Dec 18.
If you would like to secure your place in any of my upcoming Perth HypnoBirthing classes please complete the registration form below and forward your deposit as follows.
A non-refundable deposit of $80 is required to secure your place in the class, with a balance of $415 due 2 weeks before the first class. Please note, all courses require a minimum of two bookings for it to go ahead. Payment can be made via credit or debit card through the Paypal button below.
Once your registration and deposit have been received you will be forwarded with a confirmation email with further details. To join a waitlist for fully booked classes please email email@example.com