One of the most common questions I hear from parents seeking out antenatal education, is “why choose HypnoBirthing?”. They want to know exactly what HypnoBirthing can do for them and how it can help them prepare for a positive birth experience.
What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing is as much a philosophy as it is a technique. It is a rewarding, relaxing method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm, and joy. Through a well-thought-out program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualization, affirmations and education, HypnoBirthing returns to a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease.
Why choose HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing has many benefits:
- It eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birth.
- It reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical anaesthesia, episiotomy, and other interventions.
- It lessens fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and energized as she brings her baby into the world.
- It shortens the thinning and opening phase of labour by several hours and allows the birthing mother to utilize the natural pulsations of her body to breathe her baby down to the crowning stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods of time. It also reduces the risk of pelvic floor damage.
- It brings the mother, the baby and the father together in a wonderful prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal bonding experience.
- The father is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker.
- Special breathing almost entirely eliminates postnatal discomfort and ‘baby blues’
- Babies are better adjusted and happier, resulting in better eating and sleeping routines.
- Mothers don’t run the risk of hyperventilating from shallow breathing.
- Birthing is returned to the safe, beautiful, peaceful experience that nature intended.
If you’d like to find out more about what HypnoBirthing involves, and details of upcoming HypnoBirthing small group classes in Perth, see here.
Keep up-to-date with all things HypnoBirthing in Perth by following me on Facebook!
My name is Fiona Rogerson and I am an ACA accredited perinatal and Perth women’s counsellor, and Hypnobirthing (Mongan Method) Practitioner. I work with women and men to overcome emotional and psychological hurdles surrounding conception, pregnancy, postpartum, parenting and identity. I am also available to provide professional development training and workshops to various organisations. I am based south of the river in Perth and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0402 017 425 or via my contact page.